Over the coming days we are going to share a number of tips to help all FundedByMe entrepreneurs in building a crowdfunding campaign – inspired by this great list compiled by Indiegogo. We’ve added our own European-focused sources and will continue to grow this list as a resource for all crowdfunding entrepreneurs. If you have any tips that can help others who are just starting on the journey of building a crowdfunding campaign, please leave a comment and we will ensure it gets added to this list!
Building a crowdfunding campaign
These tools are helpful for building your crowdfunding campaign and will ensure that you have the marketing power to bring your campaign to a successful close!
The blog hosts below can be a great supplement to your communications strategy given their large communities of bloggers, which you can tap into and engage with — spreading your campaign beyond your network.
If your idea does not yet have its own website, create a simple landing page from which you can capture supporters’ email addresses or share your contact information. Use any of the following free options.
- Facebook Pages — Creating a Facebook Page for your campaign is a great way to engage your backers and investors and spread the word about your campaign via social media. It also creates the perfect platform from which to share updates about your campaign and share event information with your fans.
- Google+ — Creating a Google+ Page for your campaign can help with your Google rankings and also targets a different audience than Facebook.
- Twitter — There is a huge conversation about #crowdunding on Twitter — as well as others that might have relevance to your particular campaign. Whether you start a handle for your campaign or your own personal one, getting involved in this conversation can bring a big boost to your campaign. Check out some of their best practices.
- Pinterest — A great place to get involved in the conversation around the topic(s) of your campaign — as well as a place to share pictures relevant to your campaign.
- Instagram — Picture sharing is the name of the game on Instagram. Campaigners have used it for everything from sharing pictures of perks to snapshots of their campaign page. Make sure to use hashtags like #crowdfunding or #FundedByMe and include a link to your campaign when you post!
- LinkedIn – Reach a professional crowd using LinkedIn – and if you don’t have an account here yet, create one. It helps a ton with credibility and in building trust and quality.
Shortened Links — When sharing a link to your campaign in social media, save space by shortening the link.
- Bit-ly — Bitly’s tracking tools to see how many clicks you’re getting and from where. You can easily edit the bit.ly link you end up with too to make it memorable.
- Ow.ly – Similar to Bit.ly, you can easily shorten and share your url.
- Goo.gl – Another great free offering from Google.
- TinyURL – One of the more well-known url shortener services.
These are great ways of sharing your music with potential contributors and also of finding free – or affordable – music to add to your campaign video
- Fotoflexer – Edit photos using this free and user-friendly platform
An Infographic is a great way of illustrating elements of your campaign.
Slideshare — A good way to share your campaign presentation with the social community of Slideshare.
If You Need an Extra Hand – Virtual Assistants
So what are you waiting for? Get started with building a crowdfunding campaign on FundedByMe today. And if you have any additional resources that we should add to this list, please leave us a comment!