More entrepreneurs are moving to a pitch deck format, tackling the biggest questions and trying to digest the idea behind their company as quickly as possible.
All the reference photos are taken from AirBNB’s first pitch deck.
A quick one-liner summary that combines your vision/product and the mission of your company
Keep it short and memorable
- Try: making it relatable… as in “We are X for Y”
- (“We are AirBNB for Event Spaces”)
- (“We are Tinder for grannies”)
- (“We are the Starbucks of Frozen Yogurt”)
- Highlight key team members and their prior positions, successes, domain expertise
- Demonstrate relevant experience
- Which roles are the keys to success in your company/space?
- Define the real problem that you’re trying to solve.
- What solution are you creating and how will this solve the problem mentioned above?
- Show your timeline and milestones to date
- Growth metrics are key at early stage
- Define Your Market: What business/space you are in
- Total Market Size: Dollar Size, Your Place/Niche
- Customers: Clearly define exactly who you serve
- Macro Trends & Insights
- Tell the story of your customer and how customers use/value your product or service
- Images and visuals are better than lots of text: show don’t tell
- Who is your primary customer & how do you make money?
- What is the pricing / model?
- Revenue and number of customers to date.
- Highlight press, partnerships, accolades
- Customer success stories and/or testimonials
- Where do you exist in the larger overall Market Space?
- What are your Advantages?
- How is your place in the market unique to you, and the right one for your company growth and customers?
- Who are the competitors, why have they succeeded, and how do you truly differentiate from them?
- Who are your existing & notable investors, if any?
- What are your key Use of Proceeds (as % of total raise)
- Founder salaries
- Sales & Marketing
- New hires
- Technology / Product or Service development
- Capital expenses / equipment
FundedByMe offers you the ability to create your presentation and present it to investors online. Make sure you structure your campaign to tackle most of these questions, that way you will maximise your fundraising round.
Campaigns that incorporate this in the right way